A nude face and bright poppy matte lips is the ongoing trend nowadays. With each cosmetic brand launching its own matte collection justifies the fact. Matte lips can take you from day to night and keep up your glamour quotient if done the right way. Don’t worry, I have you sorted, just follow these 5 steps and rock that matte look:
1) Exfoliate: Chapped lips are a big no-no in this case so never forget to apply a lip balm generously at night. Exfoliate your lips the next morning by either using a clean soft toothbrush or a wet cotton cloth. You can also opt for home made scrubs using honey and sugar if you do have time for it. We recommend Forest Essentials Cane Sugar Lip scrub. Buy here
2) Base: In case of pigmented lips, put a concealer of your choice and blend it. This would make your lips look even and the lipstick shade would come out a way lot better. We recommend Colorbar Full Cover Makeup Stick. Buy here
3) Line: Always use a lip liner of the same shade as that of the lipstick to first create an outline and then fill in. This would not only help to apply the lipstick precisely but also increase the longevity of it. We recommend Maybelline Color Sensational Lip liner. Buy here
4) Tool: For accuracy and precision, use a lip brush until you are a Pro at it. This would give you better control and accurate application. Never forget to blot your lipstick once and re-apply it to avoid stains. We recommend Vega 2 in 1 Lip brush. Buy here
5) Clean up: in case of any mistakes, clean up with the same concealer using a Q-tip or a brush. You can also use a highlighting concealer on your cupid’s bow to accentuate it.
Tip: Keep a non greasy lip balm handy in case your lips feel dried out during the day.
Do you also like going Matte?
Let me know in the comments below. Keep Smiling 🙂